By the time this posts I’ll be in San Jose, CA for GX3 aka GaymerX – December 11 – 13, 2015
Here’s my GX3 schedule!
I’ll be speaking briefly about my role as Diversity Liaison & on why it’s important to GX to be diverse during the opening ceremonies, Friday, December 11th, 10:00 am GX Talks A
- “We Need More Diverse Games: How to Get There” with Tanya DePass (M), Gil Almogi, Katherine Cross, DJ Kirkland, Rachel Keslenski, and Arthur Chu Friday December 11th, 2:00 pm GXTalks A
- “Streaming your Queerness” DJ Kirkland, Dylan Zaner (M) , Adam Koebel & Me. Friday, December 11th, 6:00 pm GXTalks B
- “Unheard Voices: Diversity in Podcasting”; Ken Gagne Moderating, with Shawn Alexander Allen, Anna Tarkov & Me! Saturday December 12, 11:00 am GXTalks A
- “Diversity in Games – What’s Next?” , Mathew Anderson (M), Joe Perez, Donna Prior, David Gaider, and me. Saturday December 12, 12:00 pm GXTalks A
- “How to Work on What You Want & Get Paid Doing it: A Patreon Panel” with Soraya (M), Zach Weiner, Brianna Wu, Alex Woolfson & me. Sunday December 13th, 10:00 am GXTalks B
- “All your Culture are belong to us: Appropriation, Erasure and RPG’s”with Mario Raul (M), Donna Prior, Arthur Chu, and me!, Sunday December 13th, 1:00 pm, GXTalks A
- Q&A Feedback with the GX staff, Sunday December 13th, 7:00 pm w/Matt Conn, Toni Rocca, Brian Kunde, Soraya, Me and Philip Jones. GXTalks B
Also something to note, there will be POC Safespace hours at GX3. Full details at the GX3 blog post!
Regarding interacting me with conventions:
Have one handy guide to interacting with me at conventions, totally 110% free of charge. 😛
Overall I am pretty friendly but I do not like strangers touching me, especially my hair. If you try to pet my hair or touch my locs without express permission or invitation it will not end well for you. So just don’t, especially if you like having fingers.
If we are tumblr/LJ/DW/twitter friends but have not met off-line, feel free to say hello and if you ask first I’ll likely give you a hug/want a hug. I’m actually quiet and introverted in off-line life so if you see me fleeing for a quiet space, it’s not you I am just feeling overwhelmed and need some quiet time. I have a terrible memory so if we have met just once or twice at previous events I might not remember you immediately, please don’t be offended.
I like to take photos, but I will always ask permission before taking them and again before posting them on tumblr, twitter, Instagram, LJ/DW, flickr etc. I don’t mind being in photos, but ask me first before posting them online.
My badge name will be my full name, and I’ll probably add my twitter handle (@cypheroftyr) once I’m there. if you want to chat me up afterward, please ask.
I’ll have business cards with me if one of us needs to dash off after a panel. Friday the 11th, I’ll be wearing a black #INeedDiverseGames tee and going forward I’ll be wearing some kind of gaming related tee, IDK yet.
Looking forward to seeing you all there! <3