I’m the founder and Director of I Need Diverse Games, a not-for-profit foundation based in Chicago, that is dedicated to better diversification of all aspects of gaming. I Need Diverse Games serves the community by supporting marginalized developers attend the Game Developer Conference by participating in the GDC Scholarship program, helps assist attendance at other industry events, and is seeking partnership with organizations and initiatives.
I’m a lifelong Chicagoan who loves everything about gaming, #INeedDiverseGames spawn point, and wants to make it better and more inclusive for everyone. I was the founding Editor In Chief of Fresh Out of Tokens podcast where games culture was discussed and viewed through a lense of feminism, intersectionality and diversity. I’m the Diversity Liaison for GaymerX and often speaks on issues of diversity, feminism, race, intersectionality & other topics at multiple conventions throughout the year. My writing about games and games critique appears in Uncanny Magazine, Polygon, Wiscon Chronicles, Vice Gaming, Mic, Paste Games and other publications.
If you’re not up to a monthly commitment, but want to give a tip, I’ve got a PayPal.Me where you can send funds: paypal.me/cypheroftyr or buy me a Kofi if you like what I have to say on line, in person, on convention panels or want to see more of my writing. If you like what I do, want to do and want to see more of it, you could support me on Patreon for as little as $1 a month.
I do a lot of other things as well, listed below in a handy bullet point list:
- Manage the I Need Diverse Games community on tumblr, twitter, Facebook, Imzy, and a new publication style blog for the community.
- I’m available for e-seminars over at GenieCast. I’ve got two programs up, one on podcasting and another on diversifying your organization.
- Diversity Liaison for GaymerX, Check out the announcement post on GaymerX Blog!
- Founding EIC of Fresh Out of Tokens (now ended but the archive is still up on freshoutoftokens.simplecast.fm)
- Often write opinion pieces for online spaces. You can read everything I’ve done at this handy Articles section of my Portfolio
- You can also see video of talks I’ve given and panels I’ve been on at the same Portfolio section
I enjoy talking, reading and writing about gaming diversity, feminism, race & racism, fandom as a way of life and many other topics. If you too like those topics, I’m always happy to be on your podcast, write up an article or appear on a panel, especially for pay.
Remember, my blog, my rules. If you want to follow me on social media you can do so on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Tumblr; my Facebook is locked to folks I have known for a while. I stream often on Twitch and upload the videos to YouTube.