So I’m on a couple more GaymerX panels and GeekGirlCon is less than two weeks away!
GeekGirlCon – Seattle, WA October 10 & 11, 2015
“Stealing White People’s Superheroes” Sunday October 11th, 2pm, Room 301/302
Just Added: “Ladies Who Let’s Play” Saturday, October 10th, 1:30 pm Room LL2
GaymerX – San Jose, CA December 11 – 13, 2015
- “We Need More Diverse Games: How to Get There” with Gil Almolgi, Katherine Cross, DJ Kirkland and Rachel Keslenski Friday December 11th, 2:00 pm GXTalks A
- “Unheard Voices: Diversity in Podcasting”; Ken Gagne Moderating, with Shawn Alexander Allen, Anna Tarkov & Me! Saturday December 12, 11:00 am GXTalks A
- “Diversity in Games – What’s Next?” , Mathew Anderson Moderating, with Joe Perez, Donna Prior of GreenRonin Publishing and me. Saturday December 12, 12:00 pm GXTalks A
- “How to Work on What You Want & Get Paid Doing it: A Patreon Panel” with Soraya, Zach Weiner, Brianna Wu, Alex Woolfson & me. Sunday December 13th, 10:00 am GXTalks B
- Feedback QA with the GaymerX Staff 7:00 pm Sunday December 13, 7:00 pm. GXTalks B
Also, here is my handy guide to interacting with me at conventions/in public, totally 110% free of charge. 😛
Overall I am pretty friendly but I do not like strangers touching me, especially my hair. If you try to pet my hair or touch my locs without express permission or invitation it will not end well for you. So just don’t, especially if you like having fingers.
If we are tumblr/LJ/DW friends but have not met IRL, feel free to say hello and if you ask first I’ll likely give you a hug/want a hug. I’m actually quiet and introverted in real life so if you see me fleeing for a quiet space, it’s not you I am just feeling overwhelmed and need some quiet time. I have a terrible memory so if we have met just once or twice at previous events I might not remember you immediately, please don’t be offended.
I like to take photos, but I will always ask permission before taking them and again before posting them on tumblr, LJ/DW, flickr etc. I don’t mind being in photos, but ask me first before posting them online.
My badge name will be my full name, and I’ll probably add my twitter handle (@cypheroftyr) once I’m there. if you want to chat me up, please ask.
I’ll have business cards with me as well if there’s no time to stop and chat after a panel. At GeekGirlCon on Saturday 10/11 I’ll be wearing a burgundy or black #INeedDiverseGames tee and on Sunday I’ll be wearing some kind of gaming related tee, IDK yet.