Audio of the Wiscon 39 panel on Why #INeedDiverseGames.
- shareefjackson – Shareef’s work on STEM diversity, including video games, has appeared in sources such as Scientific American, NPR, and Jet Magazine.His work can be found at ShareefJackson.com. He also hosts the Operation Cubicle podcast with JP Fairfield, and is a frequent guest on the Spawn On Me podcast..
- lifeinneon – Autumn is the creator of Player 2, a game that helps players resolve real-life interpersonal conflicts, and Reset, an interactive fiction game about cyborg kink in a transhuman future. She wanted to participate because as a gamer since childhood, Autumn has never seen games reflect her own experiences.
- quinnae_moon – Katherine Cross Katherine is a scholar-critic who writes about online culture and video gaming for various academic and popular publications, from Women’s Studies Quarterly to Polygon and Offworld. She wanted to be on the panel because she believes games should be for everybody.
- raevenx is a long time member of the gaming community playing a variety of console games and MMOs over the years. She is an avid member of many aspects of fandom and an active cosplayer. Renee wanted to participate in this discussion because the community is in trouble and also because she greatly respects the work that Tanya is doing on our behalf.
- Ajit George – Ajit is the co-founder of the emerging advocacy group “Gaming as Other” that consults with game design companies and conventions on diversity, safety and inclusion in geek interests and spaces.
- Spawn point of the hashtag Tanya D. aka cypheroftyr. whose work has appeared in Offworld BoingBoing, coming soon to MOTD Media, as well as multiple guest appearances on gaming and diversity related podcasts.
How to support #INeedDiverseGames
Ways to support #INeedDiverseGames Initiatives:
Money wise: Post on passing the hat and transparency re: donations
- Follow on twitter and @ us when you find diverse game info
- Follow us on Facebook, send us links and articles relevant to diversity in gaming
- If you make games, send us a note! We love hearing from you! We want to promote game makers that are widening the pool
- Submit links and articles you see on gaming, diversity, gender and lgbtqia issues. We can’t do everything by ourselves. This is a group effort
- Be a force for good in the world, seriously. Spread the word on kickstarters, indiegogo’s and other diverse projects
Be an INDG Ambassador when you go to conventions:
- If you plan to attend geek/gaming centric cons, let us know so we can send you swag to distribute. We can’t go to every convention so we need folks to spread the word for us!
- If you buy #INeedDiverseGames merchandise please wear it at cons & take photos that are spread around social media.
- Talk about this at cons, go forth and panel on diversity in gaming, please!
One thought on “Why #INeedDiverseGames Wiscon 39 Panel – Audio”
Comments are closed.