I’m pleased to share I’m eligible for consideration for the Hugo Awards in a few categories for works created in 2018.
I edited Game Devs & Others: Tales from the Margins a collection of essays in which POC, LGBTQIA, and other gamers with marginalized identities, shared their personal stories about what it’s like being part of the industry when you’re not considered part of the “majority.” This collection is eligible for Best Related Work.
Women in Gaming: 100 Professionals of Play is a celebration of women’s accomplishments in the video game industry, ranging from high-level executives to programmers to pro-gamers. I’m pleased to be one of the women profiled in this book, which is also eligible for Best Related Work.
Various fandom-related articles and the contents of my Twitter feed–where I often tweet threads about gaming and other media-related issues–mean that I am eligible for consideration for Best Fan Writer. Articles that I wrote in 2018 include:
- “Why some of us can’t just ‘leave Twitter’”
- “The Bones Sing”
- “Black women who game aren’t unicorns”
- “Let’s talk about Inclusion shall we (AGAIN)”
- Pitching & Portfolio Tips for (former BGN & other) writers feeling adrift post FanCon fuckery
- So tired of being told I don’t exist, I’m not nerd enough by the ashy Larry’s out there
- “I Love What you do!” doesn’t pay the bills
I have a complete list of articles, panel appearances, podcast interviews, and the like available on my website.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE EPISODES FROM 2018 THAT I THINK YOU’LL ENJOY.
Episodes air on twitch.tv/dnd and are converted to audio format by Carlos Luna.
Season 1 – Ep. 4* : Series premiere at Stream of Many Eyes event in Los Angeles, CA
* = Numerically this falls as our fourth episode, though the show was premiered for the first time at #SoMEDND
Thanks so much for your consideration!
Big thank you to Michi Trota for helping pull this together!